Call Today 410-625-4828 410-625-4828

Land Use

Baltimore Land Use Attorney

We have more than 40 years’ experience working with property owners and developers on matters involving land use and zoning. The firm also represents property owners, developers, community organizations and neighborhood associations before Town Boards, Planning Boards and Zoning Boards of Appeal. We assist clients in a wide range of matters such as:

  • Special use permits
  • Area variances
  • Use variances
  • Building permits
  • Environmental permits
  • Subdivision approvals
  • Water district extensions
  • Sewer district extensions
  • Zoning enforcement
  • Environmental regulations

We have handled issues under various state and federal environmental laws.  The firm’s background in government service and on local planning and zoning boards proves valuable in our representation of clients.

Land use litigation

Real property, due to its intrinsic value and the fact that it is subject to governmental regulation, is often the subject of disputes. These disputes have multiplied over time as the nation’s population has grown, and this will continue to be the case as property becomes scarcer and developmental and regulatory pressures increase.

Smart legal assistance

We are knowledgeable and experienced lawyers who advise individuals and municipalities about the legal aspects of land use, development and regulation. If you are currently involved in a land use matter, contact us for assistance with:

  • Zoning and rezoning requests
  • Zoning enforcement
  • Flood plain issues
  • Involuntary and voluntary annexations
  • Conditional use permits
  • Special use permits
  • Mixed-use projects
  • Subdivision plats
  • Administrative appeals
  • Variances
  • Annexation appeals
  • Setbacks
  • Boundary disputes
  • Zoning and subdivision ordinances
  • Appearances before local public bodies and appeals of their decisions
  • Quasi-judicial hearings

We assist and represent you if you have to appear before a planning board or a board of commissioners to present your land use development application. If you have variance issues or are making an administrative appeal, you should have legal representation when appearing before a board of adjustment. You may also want the firm’s assistance in seeking approval of preliminary and final subdivision plats and rezoning requests.

Concerning forced annexation, we have represented individual landowners across the state, who have successfully sued their respective cities and towns to stop properties from being annexed.

Whatever the land use dispute, we have dealt with it and have often represented and argued both sides of the issue.

Contact a Maryland law firm today

Call John C. Murphy today at 410-625-4828 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.